Help Us Grow
Girls on the Run Delaware is committed to strategically growing the number of our program sites to impact the lives of more girls. Our research indicates significant improvements in self-esteem and attitude towards physical activity and body image in the girls in our program.
Community support is critical to our success. Well over 50% of our girls are either on full or partial scholarship to participate in our program. Financial assistance from businesses and individuals ensures that all girls are able to participate in this transformational program regardless of their ability to pay the program fee.
We are so appreciative of the support we have received and hope you will join us in building an emotionally and physically healthy Delaware–girls, families, and communities.
10 Weeks. 20 Lessons. 4,400 Girls and counting….. For questions about our sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jane Castle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-540-1896.
Gifts to Girls on the Run Delaware, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, provide direct and immediate revenue in the year they are given, enabling us to have the flexibility to address our most pressing needs. Contributions are utilized to support key program delivery requirements, including program materials, coach/volunteer supplies, outreach to underserved communities, and scholarships to ensure that all girls have the opportunity to participate in this transformational program. Your contribution to Girls on the Run Delaware helps us educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. With 340 programs serving 4,400 girls since 2005, Girls on the Run Delaware has emerged as one of the most effective Positive Youth Development programs for girls in our state.
Your donation will make a significant impact on the organization as we work to fulfill our mission in 2012. Thank you for making Girls on the Run Delaware a priority this year.
Did You Know…
- Girls who participate in physical activities have higher levels of self-esteem, better body images, are 40% less likely to smoke, and have lower levels of depression.
- Girls who have experienced emotional trauma respond positively to physical fitness programs.
- Girls who participate in physical activities are less likely to engage in risky sexual behavior during adolescence.
- Girls who participate in physical exercise have better relationships with parents, get better grades, are less likely to use drugs, and are less depressed than girls who don’t.
And The Best News? If She is Involved With Girls On The Run:
- she has higher self-esteem;**
- she has improved eating attitudes;**
- she has an improved body image;**and
- she has a positive peer group and positive role models for her future.
**According to research conducted by Dr. Rita DeBate, Ph.D., MPH, CHES, Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Behavior at UNC-Charlotte, the Girls on the Run curriculum improves girls’ self-esteem, body image and eating attitudes to a “statistically significant” extent.
Your contribution will help:
- Reach hundreds of girls across Delaware;
- Continue development of the Girls on the Run programs;
- Continue the research for the Girls on the Run programs;
- Provide financial assistance to communities and individuals in need;
PO Box 4098
Wilmington, DE 19807
GOTRDE is a 501.(c).(3) organization and your contribution is tax deductible to the full extent of the law.